Monday 9 January 2012

Inspiration from Santa Claus

I got some great Christmas presents this year, all seemed to be on a triathlon training theme.

One book I got was "Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run " by Andy Holgate.


What a great book - it is a really interesting read and is truly inspiring. I can't believe how quickly he progressed to ironman distance - it's going to take me best part of a year from crazy spur of the moment decision to actually competing in a sprint distance event. Still, I'm not worrying that I am only doing the beginners event, the important point is that I'm challenging myself.

He actually has a lot to answer for - now that I've put it down my son has started reading the book, and within 24 hours of starting to read it he has signed up for a half ironman distance tri in Yorkshire in September!

So if you haven't read this one yet, then I dare you to try it, but watch out or you'll end up entering a triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment