Thursday 8 March 2012

I didn't fall off!!!

I have taken the wrapper off the handlebars and been for a ride on my bike!

My son arrived home on Sunday evening and listened patiently to my list of excuses about how I hadn't had time to ride it yet, then announced we were going NOW. So we did!

It was really scary at first - I set off down the slight incline from our house - felt like I was going about 100 miles an hour but even I realised that couldn't be the case!

The first comment when he saw how bad I was that "I never thought I'd have to teach my mother to ride a bike" - well my excuse was I never had a bike with gears as a kid and they have remained a mystery to me all the time I have had a mountain bike - I think I only use about 3 gears out of 20.

I think I owe him a great big thank-you as by the end of my training session I had learned a lot....

1. Wear warmer gear - I was very cold
2. I can use gears
3. I can turn the bike and change direction without having to get off.
4. My cycle helmet is very comfy
5. My new bike lights are very bright
6. Improvement is possible - I already did
7. Next time I can and will go further.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! You'll get there! And I can come cycle with you when I've got mine, because I imagine we won't be able to keep up with a certain someone! xx

    ReplyDelete