Sunday 2 October 2011

I'm really doing it Jim

This is the start of my career as a triathlete and to mark the occasion I have signed up to the Runners World Website. It feels like I'm really doing it, although I have to say, it would probably be more impressive if I had actually done some training today.

I think the mental aspects involved in any endurance sport are underated.  I am not going to make that mistake.  I intend to think long and hard before I actually commit to any physical excercise in the pursuit of my dream (or is it my son's dream, my nightmare? - I must say it seemed like more of a laugh over a bottle of wine last night when I agreed to give it a go!).

Seriously though, I have quite a shopping list already - cycle helmet is a must, new running shoes an essential, a waterproof watch suitable for swimming, cycling and running will be vital to monitor my progress and then if I get anywhere like up to taking part in the event - a tri suit to make transition easier is a maybe - lets face it, I want to be reasonably sure of finishing the event before I get the tri suit as it would be so embarassing to look the part then fall apart!

Thank you for the kind comments in response to my first blog entry - I will keep you posted as to how I am getting on. My aim for the next update is to report some actual physical effort! Watch this space......

No comments:

Post a Comment